The Hospital of the Brothers of Saint John of God Eisenstadt is the largest and oldest hospital in Burgenland. It has existed since 1760 and was granted the right of publicity in April 1939. The hospital experienced an extensive development – for example establishment of departments – shortly after World War II as well as during the last ten years. The developments were the result of the close cooperation and the cooperation agreement with the state Burgenland. Since 1980 the Hospital Brothers of Saint John of God Eisenstadt has been the most significant hospital in northern Burgenland.
With eleven special departments, an X-ray institute and a public pharmacy, the Hospital Brothers of Saint John of God Eisenstadt is a central health care service provider in the youngest federal state of Austria, as well as an important employer in the region.
Contact data, General Management and Cooperative Management
Hospital Brothers of Saint John of God Eisenstadt
Johannes von Gott-Platz 1
Phone: (0043) 02682/601-0
Fax: (0043) 02682/601-1099
General Manager: Robert Maurer, MSc, MBA
Medical Director: Prim. Priv.-Doz. Dr. Anette Severing
Nursing Director: PDir. Brigitte Polstermüller, MSc
Commercial Director: Dipl. KH-Mg. Michaela Piniel